mem_bank
stringlengths
14
412
en
stringlengths
16
294
zh
stringlengths
14
1.09k
We didn't come to dig in Egypt for medals.
Much more is learned from bits of broken pottery than from all the sensational finds.
比起所有那些耸人听闻的发现 这些零星破陶器碎片倒是能告诉我们更多东西
Much more is learned from bits of broken pottery than from all the sensational finds.
Our job is to increase the sum of human knowledge of the past, not to satisfy our own curiosity.
我们的工作是增加人类对过去的知识的了解 而不仅仅是为了满足我们的好奇心
Our job is to increase the sum of human knowledge of the past, not to satisfy our own curiosity.
Oh, that's all very true, Sir Joseph, but, after all, we're human.
噢,千真万确,约瑟夫爵士 但是,我们终归只是人类
The viscera were not removed.
The usual scar made by the embalmer's knife is not there.
通常由尸体防腐者的刀留下的伤疤他身上没有
"High Priest of the Temple of the Sun at Karnak".
Poor old fella. Now, what could you have done to make 'em treat you like that?
可怜的老伙计,你到底做了什么 能让他们对你这样
Look. Sacred spells which protect the soul in its journey to the underworld have been chipped off the coffin.
So Imhotep was sentenced to death not only in this world, but in the next.
那么伊姆霍特普不仅是在他的世界被判了死刑 连在冥界也一样
Maybe he got too gay with the vestal virgins in the temple.
Possibly. The priestesses of the Temple of Karnak were daughters of the Pharaoh.
有可能 卡尔奈克的神庙里的女祭司是法老的女儿
Possibly. The priestesses of the Temple of Karnak were daughters of the Pharaoh.
They were the secret virgins of Isis.
他们是伊希斯(古埃及司生育和繁殖的女神) 的秘密处女祭司
Maybe the answer's in that box we found buried with him.
I see I shall get no more work out of you until after it's open.
我明白在那个盒子被打开前 我从你那里是得不到什么工作的
Oh, come, Dr Muller.
Surely a few thousand years in the earth take the mumbo jumbo off any old curse.
当然,大地上千年的时光 可以去除任何有关古老的诅咒的迷信
Go on with your cataloguing. We'll open it later.
Don't think you can persuade me not to examine the most wonderful find of my whole experience out here.
不要认为你可以说服我让我不去研究 我在这里全部经历中的最奇妙的发现
Don't think you can persuade me not to examine the most wonderful find of my whole experience out here.
If you are right about the legend, then this casket may contain the Scroll of Thoth, from the holy of holies in the temple, and I can hardly wait to get back to find out.
如果你对传说的研究没错的话 那么,从这个神庙的至圣之所找到的 这匣子中也许装着月神卷轴 我已经等不及要回去把它找出来
If you are right about the legend, then this casket may contain the Scroll of Thoth, from the holy of holies in the temple, and I can hardly wait to get back to find out.
The gods of Egypt still live in these hills, in their ruined temples.
埃及众神还生活在这群山之中 在他们的神庙的废墟里
The gods of Egypt still live in these hills, in their ruined temples.
The ancient spells are weaker, but some of them are still potent.
古代的咒语大多变弱了 但有些还有强大的威力
The ancient spells are weaker, but some of them are still potent.
And I believe that you have in your hut the Scroll of Thoth itself, which contains the great spell with which Isis raised Osiris from the dead.
而且我相信你小屋里的月神卷轴它本身 就写着伊希斯把奥西里斯从冥界召回 的强大的咒语
I'd go on with my work for the museum.
Come back with me and we'll examine this great find together.
和我一起回去 我们一起研究这个伟大的发现吧
You should have seen his face!
Here's something to break the monotony. A visitor coming from the Nile.
有些东西来打破这单调的生活了 一个从尼罗河来的游客
And what fools we look.
Money wasted. Hole after hole dug in this blasted desert.
钱也浪费掉了 在这该死的沙漠里挖了一个又一个洞
A few beads. A few broken pots.
A man needs more than hard work for this game.
在这场游戏中,一个男人需要 除了奋力工作以外的其他东西
When he came here, there wasn't so much competition.
When he did, he found things. And once, ten years ago, he found too much.
只要他干起来,他就能找到东西 有一次,十年前,他找到的东西实在是太多了
He went crazy. Bored beyond human endurance in this sand and these rocks.
He was laughing when your father found him. He died laughing, in a straitjacket.
当你父亲发现他时,他大笑不止 他穿着一件紧身衣就这么笑死了
Scarcely. Here are the season's finds.
Permit me to present you with the most sensational find since that of Tutankhamen.
请允许我送给您 自图坦卡蒙(埃及第18代王朝法老)以后 最激动人心的发现
Circumstantial evidence. Not very strong, perhaps.
But if we put that gang of diggers from Kerma on the job, we can tell in two days if there's anything here.
但是如果我们雇佣一帮来自科尔玛 的发掘者来做这项工作 我们就能在两天内知道 这里到底有没有什么东西
We will cable your father in London.
He must be here when we examine this great find.
当我们开启这个伟大的发现的时候 他一定得在场才行
Are we really in this dreadful modern Cairo?
Your thoughts are far from the dance and these nice English boys.
你的思绪和我们的舞会 和这些英俊的英国小伙离了很远了呢
Your keeping me here with you, of course.
So I don't have to go up to Father in that beastly hot Sudan.
我就不必大老远跑到热得要命的苏丹 去找我父亲了
But I must see you again. You must come to my house.
I regret I am too occupied to accept invitations.
很遗憾,我实在是很忙 接受不了任何的邀请
Yes. I rather wish he hadn't been.
It's a dirty trick, Cairo Museum keeping what we've found.
那是个肮脏的诡计 开罗博物馆保存着我们的发现
It's a dirty trick, Cairo Museum keeping what we've found.
That was the contract. The British Museum works for science, not for loot.
那是协议规定的 大不列颠博物馆为科学而存在,而非掠夺
Where do you want to go, miss?
Le musée des Antiquités.
Le musÚe des AntiquitÚs.
Le musée des Antiquités.
Le musée des Antiquités.
Le musÚe des AntiquitÚs.
What language is that?
The language of ancient Egypt. Not heard on this earth for 2000 years.
古埃及的语言 在这片土地上已经有2000年没人听到过了
The language of ancient Egypt. Not heard on this earth for 2000 years.
And the name of a man unspoken since before the siege of Troy.
还有从特洛伊围城前 便从未说起的一个男人的名字
The watchman said she had left in your car.
Before you take her away, I must talk to you about something she said just now.
在你带她走之前,我必须 告诉你她刚刚说过的一些话
Had to! Science, you know!
Well, after we'd worked among her things, I felt as if I'd known her.
在我们处理完她的遗物后 我觉得我似乎认识她
You'll think me silly, but I sort of fell in love with her.
Do you have to open graves to find girls to fall in love with?
你非得打开那些坟墓 然后爱上那些墓中的女主人吗?
So he died of shock.
We find this in dead guard's hand, Sir Joseph.
我们在这位死去的守卫手里发现了这个 约瑟夫爵士
We find this in dead guard's hand, Sir Joseph.
Probably thief tried to steal it. Guard take it away, thief kill him.
有可能窃贼试图盗走它 然后守卫夺过去,于是窃贼杀了他
The cause of death, I not find nothing.
Looks like an attempted theft, but nothing stolen here could be sold.
看起来像是一起预谋的盗窃案 但是这从这里盗走的东西是不可能被出售的
What girl could not make a conquest who collapsed at a man's feet in moonlight?
It seems absurd when we've known each other such a short time, but I'm serious.
这看起来很荒唐,尤其我们只认识了对方 如此短的的时间,但我是认真的
It seems absurd when we've known each other such a short time, but I'm serious.
Haven't I had enough excitement for one evening, without the additional thrill of a strange man making love to me?
难道我这一晚上遇到的激动的事还不够多吗? 还有一位陌生的男子 向我示爱带来的意外惊喜
But I've never been serious about this sort of thing before.
Now, look here. You can tell me to go to the devil, but you can't laugh at me.
现在,看着这,你可以让我下地狱 但你决不能嘲笑我
Now, look here. You can tell me to go to the devil, but you can't laugh at me.
The curse has struck her, and now, through her, it will strike my son.
她已经受了那诅咒 现在我儿子又将因她而被诅咒
I'll be back in a minute.
Imhotep was alive when that mummy in the museum was a vestal virgin in the temple.
当博物馆里的那具木乃伊 还是神庙中的处女祭司时 伊姆霍特普还活着
What's that got to do with us now?
Your assistant who went insane and died, as you might have if you'd seen what he saw, made a transcription of part of that scroll.
你的助手疯了,然后死了 如果你看见了他所看见的 你也可能是一样的下场 把那个卷轴的部分做一个抄本
Yes. I have it still.
You seem to think it has all the devils of hell in it. Burn it and be done with it.
你似乎认为那之中包含了所有地狱之中 的恶魔一样,那么把它烧了摆脱它吧
Ardath Bey, Dr Muller.
I accept your invitation. But I find no solitary student with his books.
我接受你的邀请 但我却没有看到一个拿着书的学生
Won't you be seated?
Sir Joseph was just wondering how you knew where the tomb of the princess Anck-es-en-Amon was hidden.
约瑟夫先生刚才还对你是 是如何知道安娜卡苏纳蒙公主陵寝的所在 感到非常疑惑
Sir Joseph, you seem disturbed.
Yes. A tragedy at the museum after you left.
是的,在你离开之后 博物馆里发生了一起惨剧
When you were there, Miss Grosvenor?
Yes. They told me I went there and tried to get in after it was closed.
是的,他们告诉我当时我在那 试图在闭馆之后进去
I shall be honoured.
An unusual crime. A guard killed by a man who left a gift to the museum.
一起不同寻常的犯罪 一个守卫被一个在博物馆里留下件礼物的人杀死了
I cannot read the writing of a period so remote.
But you read "Anck-es-en-Amon" on that piece of pottery.
但是你却读出了那片陶器上的 "安娜卡苏纳蒙"
These are pre-dynastic ideographs.
The scroll from which this was copied was stolen ten years ago, together with the mummy of the high priest Imhotep.
这抄本原件的卷轴十年前就被盗了 和高级祭司伊姆霍特普的木乃伊一起
Why do you show all this to me?
Do you think it conceivable that the mummy was not stolen, but given a semblance of life by the spell of the scroll?
你是否相信那个木乃伊不是被盗了 而是用卷轴上的咒语为其注入了生命.
Do you think it conceivable that the mummy was not stolen, but given a semblance of life by the spell of the scroll?
That scroll is my property. I bought it from a dealer.
那个卷轴是我的财产 我从一个商人手里买的
That scroll is my property. I bought it from a dealer.
It is here in this house. I presume, in that room.
它就在这个房子里 我认定它就在那个房间里
It will be destroyed the minute it is known that harm has come to us.
You have studied our ancient arts, and you know that you cannot harm me.
你们学过了我们古代的技艺 你们知道你们是伤不了我分毫的
You have studied our ancient arts, and you know that you cannot harm me.
You also know that you must return that scroll to me or die.
你们也知道你们必须把卷轴还给我 要么就只有死路一条
You also know that you must return that scroll to me or die.
Now tell that weak fool to get that scroll, wherever it is, and hand it to his Nubian servant.
现在,告诉那个虚弱的傻瓜 不管卷轴在哪都给我取过来 然后交给他的努比亚仆人
So you have made him your slave.
If I could get my hands on you, I'd break your dried flesh to pieces.
如果我能用我的手碰到你, 我会把你的枯干的肉体弄成碎片
What good could that old charm have done him?
I tell you, the doctors say it's plainly heart failure.
我告诉你, 那些医生说那只是简单的心脏病发作
Frank, I need your help.
I saw your attraction to my patient last night, and hers to you.
我看到我的病人昨晚上被你吸引了 而她也吸引了你
Should love for you come to her, he will try to destroy you.
That amulet, the Egyptians believed, was a charm against evil sendings, such as struck down your father.
古埃及人相信那个护身符 具有驱邪的灵力 比如说那些害死你父亲的邪气
Thy father condemned me to the nameless death.
The scroll he ordered buried with me, that no such sacrilege might disgrace Egypt again.
将那卷轴与我同葬 让那渎神之举从此在埃及绝迹
The slaves were killed so that none should know.
The soldiers who killed them were also slain, so no friend could creep to the desert with funeral offerings for my condemned spirit.
连那行刑的士卒也难逃一死 无一友人蹒跚步入那荒漠之中 来慰我带罪魂灵
My pool is sometimes troubled.
One sees strange fantasies in the water. But they pass like dreams.
人们能在水中窥见古怪的幻象 但是那幻象就像梦境一般
Muller's down in the Arab quarter now.
Well, if I must give an explanation, it was stuffy in here.
噢, 如果我必须得解释的话 那是因为这里太闷了
Well, if I must give an explanation, it was stuffy in here.
I can't be shut up all the time. And I don't like the feeling I'm always being watched.
我不能一直安静得呆着 而且我也不喜欢那种一直被监视的感觉
Oh, everything's going to be all right.
Now that you've asked for help, I'll never leave you alone.
现在既然你向我求助 我便永远不会抛下你不管
Now that you've asked for help, I'll never leave you alone.
I'll get Mrs Muller down here with you, and I'll stay here till the doctor comes.
我会去把穆勒先生给你找来 我会在这陪着你直到医生来了为止
If you don't want money, what do you want most?
He'll give you anything, if only you'll help me to go to him.
你过你帮我去找他的话 他会给你任何东西的
I insist on keeping her here under our direct observation.
But, Doctor, you haven't told us what to do. She gets weaker every day.
但是, 医生, 你还没告诉我们该怎么做 她在一天接一天的虚弱下去
You know that negligée I bought in Paris? Help me to put it on.
And bring me my toilet things. I want some colour. I want to look well.
再把我的化妆品拿来 我想化上妆,我想看起来气色好点
Go to her, and don't be angry with me. I couldn't resist her.
Helen, you shouldn't have done this. They shouldn't have let you.
海伦, 你不该这么做 他们不会让你这么做的
I do love you, Frank.
And I'm trying to prove it, because I'd rather die than live and lose you.
我正想证明这点 如果我活着不能与你在一起 还不如死了的好
She knows the moment she stops struggling, he will give her back her strength to come to him.
But I don't want to lose my own mind and be someone else. Someone I hate.
但是我不想失去我自己的意志 我不想变成一个我讨厌的人
But I don't want to lose my own mind and be someone else. Someone I hate.
My dear, while you were growing worse, we tried to find him and failed.
亲爱的, 在你情况越来越糟的时候 我们试过去找他,但没找到
We can do no more. Ardath has beaten me.
The next time he draws her to him, we must follow her.
下次他把她弄到他身边的时候 我们得跟着她
We will destroy him.
I've given her some bromide. She's asleep now. I'll go to bed.
我给了她写安眠药 她已经睡着了,我要去休息了
I was afraid. When you knelt beside my bed, a veil came over my eyes. Darkness.
Your last memory is of me in the hour of your death as I knelt by your bed, 3700 years ago.
你死前最后的记忆是关于我的 就在我3700年前跪在你床边之时
I destroy this lifeless thing.
Thou shalt take its place but for a few moments, and then rise again, even as I have risen.
然不需多时 汝当取而代之 而后如我一般复生
Imhotep, this is the place of embalming.
It is not lawful for me, a priestess of Isis, to see or touch an unclean thing.
我作为伊希斯的女祭司 是不能够看到和接触不洁之物的
For thy sake I was buried alive.
I ask of thee only a moment of agony. Only so can we be united.
我垦请你受片刻苦痛 经过如此,我们方能再聚
Now I know his horrible plan.
He is going to kill her, and make her a living mummy like himself.
他准备杀了她, 然后 把她变成像他一样的活死人
You shall rest from life, like the setting sun in the west.
But you shall dawn anew in the east, as the first rays of Amon-Ra dispel the shadow.
但你将获新生,如东方黎明般 如阿蒙 -拉的第一缕金光 驱走黑暗
And after dark, our cafés are empty.
But every park has standing room only every night.
但是,每晚在公园里 却都只有站立的地方了
Listen, Officer. Do you see that moon?
If he could talk French, do you know what he would say to you?
如果他会说法语的话 你知道他会告诉你什么吗
That's all very well, Professor, but have you any proof?
As a prospective client to a detective, let me ask you a question.
作为可能会雇私人侦探的客户 我可以问你一个问题吗
Would you call me handsome?
Well, as a detective to a prospective client, uh, no.
作为一个可能会受雇于 客户的侦探.老实说.不
Madame. Monsieur.
Tell me. Do you see anything wrong in us being alone together in this cab?
告诉我,你觉得像我们这样在 车里孤男寡女的.什么问题吗
But werert we happy and gay in Lausanne?
You look just as smart and as stunning as then.
你看起来 聪明能干的样子, 和当初一样啊
And the painter who painted you all draped in gauze?
One night I found out what an artist he was.
一天晚上,我才发现他 这个艺术家真正的面目
Oh, Mitzi, you don't know how sorry I feel.
As for Andre and me well, he's just too ideal.
因为对于安德烈和我 怎么说呢? 他太完美了
You will do it for me?
No, no. Really, I Mitzi, I hope you have a good appetite.
不,不,真的,我 米基, 希望你好好地享受这一餐
Let her get another doctor.
Let her get two other doctors. I don't want to mix business with Mitzi.
让她叫另外两个医生吧 我不想与米基有业务上的来往
# If I have to examine you let me see your tongue #
# No, that's not the way to start Put your head against my heart #
不,不要以这种方式 把你的头贴紧我的心吧
#Then try a real hot application three times a day #
# I don't know why you fear me # # Oh, I wish that I could stay #
一我不知道你为什么怕我 一我希望可以留下来
# I don't know why you fear me # # Oh, I wish that I could stay #
# I'd not complain if you were near me three times a day #
我不会抱怨,如果你 你能够一天有三次陪在我的身边
#This tonic ought to help you # # I know a sweeter way #
# Oh, no, no, madame I couldn't see you three times a day ##
不,不可能,小姐 我不可能一天来看你三次
Now, Adolph, listen. You're Andre's closest friend.
You were best man at our wedding. That's as far as I'll go.
你是我们婚礼上的伴郎 我们的关系仅此而已