mem_bank
stringlengths
14
412
en
stringlengths
16
294
zh
stringlengths
14
1.09k
At the Rio Summer Games, our fighters will be competing with pros without headgear.
USA Boxing is awarded funding from the USOC based on their medal count.
美国奥委会将根据奖牌数 资助美国拳击联合会
USA Boxing is awarded funding from the USOC based on their medal count.
At this point, they can boycott the Olympics and protest, or continue to send our amateur fighters and hope for the best.
这种情况下 他们可以抵制奥运 提出抗议 或者继续送我们的业余拳手去比赛 抱着乐观的希望
At this point, they can boycott the Olympics and protest, or continue to send our amateur fighters and hope for the best.
The good boxers have to turn pro because they need money.
好的拳手必须转做职业拳手 因为他们需要钱
Great job, guys. Congratulations. Great job.
It's Cam's 12th national tournament championship, and it qualifies him for the US Olympic trials, a year from now.
这是卡姆第12次获得 全国锦标赛冠军 这也让他获得了一年后 美国奥运选拔赛的资格
It's Cam's 12th national tournament championship, and it qualifies him for the US Olympic trials, a year from now.
If he wins that, he'll go on to fight the best fighters in North and South America.
如果赢了 他将继续跟 北美和南美最出色的拳手较量
If he wins that, he'll go on to fight the best fighters in North and South America.
And if he places in the top three, he'll earn a spot at the Olympic games.
如果进入前三强 他就能获得参加奥运会的资格
I grew up playing Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!
A game inspired by the baddest man on the planet.
这个游戏的灵感来自 地球上最厉害的拳击手
One of the most famous athletes in the world.
But as we began filming, we hadn't had an American heavyweight champion in over a decade.
但我们开始拍摄时 美国已经十多年没有赢得过 重量级拳击冠军了
And there used to be a saying, years ago,
"As the heavyweight division goes, so goes the game of boxing."
"重量级拳击没落了 整个拳击运动也会随之没落"
"As the heavyweight division goes, so goes the game of boxing."
We're a long way from the Mike Tyson heavyweight-knockout era, and the popularity that came with it.
我们跟迈克泰森重量级称霸 和随之而来的热捧 那个年代差远了
I don't really give a shit. That doesn't make you TBE, The Best Ever.
So, is he the perfect athlete for this new age of narcissism?
在这个自我陶醉的新时代里 他是最完美的运动员吗?
So, is he the perfect athlete for this new age of narcissism?
And if he is, is everyone gonna follow his lead, be a boxing businessman and say, "I pick who I want to fight"?
他要是的话 人人都会跟风 成为拳击商人 然后说:"想跟谁打我就选谁"?
And if he is, is everyone gonna follow his lead, be a boxing businessman and say, "I pick who I want to fight"?
These guys enter into this, remember, to prove something to themselves and to everyone else.
这些拳手站到这里 记住了 他们是要向自己和他人证明一些东西
These guys enter into this, remember, to prove something to themselves and to everyone else.
And that's their legacy, and what will his legacy be?
那就是他们的遗产 梅威瑟的遗产会是什么呢?
And that's their legacy, and what will his legacy be?
With Mayweather's undefeated career coming to a close, who will take his place as the next American boxing superstar?
随着梅威瑟的不败历史终结后 谁会取代他成为下一代美国拳王?
All right, show me you want this title.
Peter Quillin, Kid Chocolate, is one of the hottest fighters in the business at this time.
彼得奎林 巧克力小子 是当今最炙手可热的拳击手之一 (山姆沃特森 海蒙拳击)
Peter "Kid Chocolate" Quillin!
I want to thank Grand Rapids, Michigan, for making me a fighter, and New York City making me a man.
我要感谢密歇根州大急流城 让我成为拳击手 还要感谢纽约市让我成为男子汉
Yeah, let's get a new door.
When I was younger, we grew up in a house that my dad owned, till having that house taken away from us when my dad did his time in prison.
小时候 我们在我爸爸的 一所房子里长大 直到我爸爸进了监狱 那所房子被夺走
Now, that's what I'm trying to say.
So he want me to do more for him, but he don't know what he's not able to do.
他想让我为他做更多 但他不知道他自己能做什么
I'm making life-changing money for myself to be able to secure, like, my family, jobs for people that helped me, trying to increase my capital by making sure that I won't retire broke.
Peter "Kid Chocolate" Quillin grew up here in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
彼得"巧克力小子"奎林 在密歇根州大急流城长大
Just two doors down from Floyd Mayweather's family.
Currently, their street has a combined record of 78 wins and zero losses.
目前 他们那条街合起来的纪录是 赢了78次 没有败绩
I mean, he'd get suspended in school because he's always fighting.
So, well, you know, I said, "He needs to be in the gym."
(金手套拳击馆) 我说:"他应该进拳击馆"
Okay, you take those words, I promise you, you can very, very much be successful.
Against all odds, Kid Chocolate made it out of Grand Rapids, reaching the pinnacle of the sport as he won the middleweight championship of the world.
巧克力小子排除万难 走出大急流城 到达了拳击运动的巅峰 他赢得了中量级世界冠军
I'm sure you guys heard.
Allegedly, he's gonna make $1.4 million, so I don't understand what his motives are.
据说 他能得到140万奖金 所以我不明白他的动机是什么
His decision left the boxing world in a state of confusion.
After all, wasn't becoming a champion what boxers dream about?
毕竟 不做冠军的话 拳击手还梦想什么呢?
After all, wasn't becoming a champion what boxers dream about?
What could possibly compel someone to give up their championship title they fought so hard for?
是什么东西迫使一个人 放弃如此努力得来的冠军头衔呢?
So what he did was, he just paid the guy not to fight.
Literally paid him not to fight, and promised him another fight if he didn't fight this fight.
就直接给他钱 让他别打 并承诺如果他不打这一场 就让他打另一场
Literally paid him not to fight, and promised him another fight if he didn't fight this fight.
Paid him half a million dollars because he didn't want to take a chance on losing.
付给他50万美金 因为他不想冒打输的风险
When I had my son, my kid, Al Haymon said,
"If you wanna fight for this belt, we can make that happen.
"你如果想挣这条金腰带 我们可以帮你如愿
"If you wanna fight for this belt, we can make that happen.
Or you can not fight for the belt and get what you said you want, which is time with your family, which, I would say, you don't get that time back."
或者你可以不去打比赛 也能得到你想要的 那就是跟家人在一起的时间 我会告诉你时光一去不复返"
So I took some time off.
If you wanna say that advice is bad for somebody, then people can say what they want, but I feel like I made the right decision for me.
如果你想说这个建议很糟糕 人都可以选择自己想要的 但我觉得这对我来说是个正确的决定
These guys ain't their own boss.
I made 20 defenses, so I don't believe in giving' up belts.
我卫冕了有20次 我不相信有人会放弃金腰带
I made 20 defenses, so I don't believe in giving' up belts.
If you ask me "Would I give up my belt?", I will say "No."
如果你问:"我会放弃金腰带吗?" 我会说:"不会"
If you ask me "Would I give up my belt?", I will say "No."
I worked too hard, I sacrificed too much. That belt will still be with me.
我那么努力 牺牲了那么多 那条金腰带还会是我的
I worked too hard, I sacrificed too much. That belt will still be with me.
The fighters are not fighting for the glory, for the honor, for the respect.
拳击手们不是为荣誉 敬意 和尊重而战 (前中量级冠军)
It's all about the business.
I mean, who in their right mind gives up a championship title because they don't wanna face the best in their division?
哪个正常人会放弃冠军头衔 就因为不想面对 他那个级别的最强对手?
Close the door and tell everybody who you are.
You think the easiest route to do, like, in life, like, between being a boxer and then going to college, which one would you choose?
你以为人生中最容易走的路 做拳击手和上大学 你会选哪个?
He listens to Al Haymon. They talk.
They always make sense on what they're doing, when they're gonna fight, who they're gonna fight.
他们总是会弄清楚要怎么打 什么时候打 跟谁打 都是有道理的
Unlike other professional sports, boxing doesn't have a single controlling organization, which is exactly what Al Haymon is after with his Premier Boxing Champions league.
With half a billion dollars of venture capital, he has the sport back on prime time for the first time in over three decades.
融资五亿美元 30多年来 他首次让这项运动重返巅峰
You know, there's a lot of money being thrown around.
Can you imagine half a million dollars to not fight my guy?
你能想象出五十万美金 就是为了不跟我的拳手打吗?
I want to set myself up for life.
So, I'm gonna go out there and train like I'm trying to win, like my life is dependent on it and my son's life's depending on it.
(巧克力小子队) 我要去训练 要做出我努力想赢的样子 要像是我和我儿子的人生 都依靠这件事
'Cause there's nobody that's gonna get you to the top, where you need to be, and make the right money that you're supposed to be making, but Al.
Congrats. Hard work pays off. You know what I mean?
恭喜你 努力总会有回报 你懂我的意思吗?
But that's how you build them up.
It's the first time he's ever gonna go four rounds, and I don't think he's ready for this shit.
这是他第一次要打四个回合 我觉得他还没准备好
As I'm standing there, he's up in my face, you know, trying to talk down to me.
He's like, "This is gonna be an easy win." And "I'm not worried about nothing."
他说:"赢这场简直易如反掌 我一点都不担心"
But if you look at the 25 fighters he fought, they're literally nobodies.
They're guys with 1-7 records and guys who've never boxed before, guys making their debut.
他们的纪录只是1 -7 他们以前从没打过拳击 或者是首次上场
They're guys with 1-7 records and guys who've never boxed before, guys making their debut.
And they build someone's record to make them look like a great, undefeated boxer.
他们衬托了别人的成绩 让这些人看上去 像是厉害的 不败的拳手
Floyd "Money" Mayweather remains undefeated.
Earning an estimated $300 million in one night as he defeats Manny Pacquiao in the fight of the century.
他一晚上估计就赚了三亿美元 他在那场世纪之战中打败了帕奎奥 (赢
Earning an estimated $300 million in one night as he defeats Manny Pacquiao in the fight of the century.
But I'm across town at a place I always dreamed of reaching.
(西门) 但我在城镇的另一端 那是我梦想到达的地方
The National Golden Gloves Championships.
Golden Gloves, which started clear back in the 1920s, and throughout the history, most everybody has been in the Golden Gloves.
金手套比赛始于20世纪20年代 到目前为止 大多数人都亲临过金手套比赛现场
The Golden Gloves is one of the few things that has stayed constant in amateur boxing.
It has nothing to do with the Olympics, but it is the most prestigious tournament in the country.
它跟奥运会没关系 但在美国是最负盛名的锦标赛
I'm gonna be takin' it very seriously.
I'm fighting every fight like it's the gold medal fight in the Olympics this week.
我要打好每一场比赛 就像本周奥运会的金牌争霸赛
They are getting bigger every goddamned year.
What happened to real heavyweights like Joe Louis, 202 pounds,
真正的重量级怎么了? 像乔路易斯 91公斤
What happened to real heavyweights like Joe Louis, 202 pounds,
Joe Frazier, 204, and "Big" George Foreman, 220?
乔弗雷泽 92公斤 "大块头"乔治福尔曼 99公斤
It went pretty well.
My plan was just to land some jabs, every so often throw an overhand left to land-to get some respect.
我的计划是频繁地打刺拳 来个左摆拳赢得些尊重
But Cam F. Awesome advances, needing three more victories to earn his fourth National Golden Gloves Championship.
And maybe even the Golden Boy award, given to the best overall fighter in the tournament.
或许还能赢得金童奖 这是这个锦标赛颁给 最佳拳击手的奖项
But here in Vegas, he's got competition.
Darmani Rock, from North Philadelphia, is 19 years old, and he's also qualified for the Olympic trials.
来自北费城的达玛尼洛克 他今年19岁 他也获得了参加奥运选拔赛的资格
Darmani Rock, from North Philadelphia, is 19 years old, and he's also qualified for the Olympic trials.
At 260 pounds, people are talking about him like he's the next great American heavyweight champion.
在117公斤级别里 大家都在热议他 好像他就是下一位美国重量级冠军
Four days later, sure enough,
Cam and Darmani find themselves in the championship battle to determine who is the best super heavyweight in the country.
卡姆和达玛尼要在冠军争夺战上 决出谁是全美最厉害的超重量级拳手
I'm going for the Golden Boy.
It's a pretty unique opportunity for both these young men.
今天对这两个年轻人来说 都是独一无二的机会
They could've met in a draw, and they could've met in the preliminaries.
So, it's really great for the boxing fans, it's great for the storyline, and it's only gonna elevate their fight game.
这对拳击迷和媒体来说都很激动 他们的比赛要升级了
The haircut took longer than the fight.
It's gonna sound crazy, what I'm about to say, but he reminds me of Floyd Mayweather.
我要说的话可能很疯狂 他让我想起了梅威瑟
He reminds me of Floyd.
A young Floyd Mayweather.
他让我想起了弗洛伊德 年轻时的弗洛伊德梅威瑟
I feel like I'm the man.
And when it's time to really step things up, that's what's gonna happen, I'm gonna go over that hill, and do what I gotta do, climb the next mountain.
等时机成熟 一切准备就绪 我就能翻越那座山 做我该做的事 爬下一座山
People would've never thought I could fight for a belt right away in my next fight after giving in, vacating the same belt.
And now I get to go in there as a challenger for even more money for the same belt.
现在我必须作为挑战者上场 去争夺奖金更多的同一条金腰带
And now I get to go in there as a challenger for even more money for the same belt.
Al Haymon is happy. He showed loyalty by giving the belt up.
阿尔海蒙很开心 他上次放弃金腰带表了忠心
And do they still define a champion?
In boxing's heyday, there were only eight weight classes, each with one undisputed champion.
在拳击的鼎盛时期 只有八个重量级别 每个级别有一位无可争辩的冠军
In boxing's heyday, there were only eight weight classes, each with one undisputed champion.
But then came the sanctioning bodies, organizations that created their own championship belts and received sanctioning fees from the fighters wearing them.
但后来出现了监管机构 这些组织会打造各自的冠军腰带 向腰带得主收取监管费
But then came the sanctioning bodies, organizations that created their own championship belts and received sanctioning fees from the fighters wearing them.
Now there are 17 weight classes, each with an upwards of four different champions.
现在有17个重量级本 每个级别最多有四个不同的冠军
Now there are 17 weight classes, each with an upwards of four different champions.
The values of all those belts have dwindled, making an undefeated record, that purest proof of dominance, more important than ever.
腰带的价值已经不如从前 打下不败的纪录 这才是纯粹的称霸证据 这比任何东西都重要
The thing is to make him react to it, okay?
The belt doesn't make the fighter. The fighter makes the belt.
金腰带成就不了拳击手 是拳击手成就金腰带
Now he's on the cusp of real greatness but he hasn't really hit it yet.
And the only person that can change that, and the only person that can fix that is Peter Quillin.
唯一能改变这种局面的 唯一能扳回那种局面的 只有彼得奎林
Peter Quillin will have two hours to lose 1.4 pounds.
There's a title fight tomorrow night, trying to get to a weight of 160.
明晚有一场冠军争夺战 必须减到72.57公斤
There's a title fight tomorrow night, trying to get to a weight of 160.
The kids I had used to take 10 to 12 pounds off in two days.
我以前带的孩子经常在两天内 减掉4.53到5.44公斤
I think when you accept the fight, you have to make the weight.
You get a little bit civilized as you sit back on your money and enjoy life, and, suddenly, the months pass and you haven't fought.
坐到钱堆里享受生活后 你有点太中规中矩了 几个月过去了 你一直没有打过比赛
You get a little bit civilized as you sit back on your money and enjoy life, and, suddenly, the months pass and you haven't fought.
But if a belt was that important, you probably would've made the weight no matter how much you suffered.
但如果金腰带有那么重要 无论多痛苦 你都会让体重达标
It's one of boxing's craziest rituals.
Fighters virtually starve themselves and sweat out pounds to make weight the day before a fight.
为了减重 拳击手几乎 都会饿自己 然后流汗 在赛前让体重达标
Fighters virtually starve themselves and sweat out pounds to make weight the day before a fight.
Kid Chocolate gets down to 160.5 pounds, failing to make the 160-pound middleweight limit.
巧克力小子减到了72.8公斤 还是没达到中量级72.57公斤的要求
Kid Chocolate gets down to 160.5 pounds, failing to make the 160-pound middleweight limit.
According to any of the belt rules, you have to make weight in order to fight for the belt.
根据金腰带的规则 体重必须达标 才能争夺金腰带
You have to on weight or under.
So, this fight now went from being a title fight to being a non-title bout.
所以现在比赛从冠军争夺战 变成了非冠军战
I mean, trying less than your best is never good enough.
I will feel bad about myself if I didn't give it my all, but I know I gave it my all.
如果不竭尽全力 自我感觉会很糟糕 但现在我知道自己尽力了
Ladies and gentlemen, having gone the distance inside the ring, we'll go to your official judges' scorecards.
If a fight goes the full 12-round distance, the outcome is determined by three judges.
在打满12回合的比赛中 结果由三名裁判决定
They all see it from a different angle.
Your third and final judge at ringside scores the fight 113-113.
拳击场边的第三位 也是最后一位裁判 打出的分数是113比113 平局
And this is just part of my chapter that I'ma always remember.
When I lose a fight, it bothers me more than anything else in the world bothers me.
我输了一场比赛时 这比世界上的任何事都让我烦恼
Cam F. Awesome made a decision to lose 20 pounds and try to qualify for the Olympic trials at the next weight class down.
Moving down in weight, I get to fight guys my own size and I feel so much better.
降了体重级别 我的对手就是 跟我体型相当的人 我感觉会好很多
I'm a lot more secure now than I used to be.
And I'm confident in myself and my abilities to bring home a medal.
我相信自己和自己的能力 能为美国赢回一枚奖牌
Atlas Cops and Kids really is, like, the best gym.
A lot of us is at the top of the sport, like in amateur-wise or, like, making our way up in the pros.
很多业余拳击手都已经登峰造极 或者直接转做职业拳手
The potential is there.
And if he continues to listen and train hard and all that, he will be a champion.
如果他继续听从意见 努力训练 他一定会是冠军
'Cause y'all take too long. He talks too much.
I gotta just make sure he realizes that it's a business, that it's how you're gonna feed your family.
我必须确保他明白这是生意 事关你如何养家 (克里斯多夫科尔伯特的顾问)
Chris, you know, I mean, he could do everything wrong right now and still probably fight and do well in four-round fights.
But you get to six, eight, ten and twelve-round fights, it don't matter how old you are, it catches up to you.
但还有六 八 十 十二个回合 不管你是什么年纪 总要面对这些比赛
As you saw, my champ runs guys out of the ring.
If I just use Chris for traditional six or eight straight rounds, he probably right now wouldn't get it.
如果我只让克里斯去打 六回合或八回合的比赛 他可能打不下来
Every time, for this fight, every time, work, work hard, work, work.
This is where the champ lives. This is his chamber. And he has to clean the bathroom twice a week.
这就是冠军住的地方 他每星期打扫洗手间两次
That's our generation today. They feel like they're entitled.
I tell my guys in a minute, I tell my champion, "Stay humble."
我马上告诉我的拳手们 我告诉我的冠军:"谦虚点"
One round at a time, one day at a time, one step at a time.
I'm not at the world championship level yet, but I know I can hang with a lot of world champions.
我还没到世界冠军的水平 但我知道我能跟很多个世界冠军打
Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to the Silver Legacy Hotel Resort and Casino.
This afternoon, 28 men will continue their quest for the Olympic dream.
今天 28名男选手将继续追逐 他们的奥运梦想
This afternoon, 28 men will continue their quest for the Olympic dream.
After a year of Olympic trials qualifiers, the top American Olympic boxing hopefuls are here in Reno to compete to make the US team.
经过历时一年的奥运选拔赛资格赛 最顶级的美国奥运拳击选手 已经来到里诺 他们要在这里争夺 入选美国奥运代表队的资格
So that just adds another dimension to it.
Can anyone, like, have a serious conversation with you with your freaking drawn-on eyebrow?
谁能跟你严肃地讲话啊? 你那个粘上去的眼皮真让人抓狂
At his new 201-pound weight class, Cam F. Awesome, he looks awesome.
But with the cut over his eye, and three fights left, he'll have to proceed with caution or risk medical disqualification.
但因为眼睛受了伤 还有三场比赛没打 他必须非常谨慎 或者冒着 因身体问题被取消资格的危险
Your winner by split decision, boxing out of the blue corner, Cam Awesome!
Watching Cam in his skill set get to this level is incredible.
看到卡姆和他的技术 进步到这种水平 真是了不起
He's invested so much into this.
If he wins, it was all worth it.
他为此付出了很多努力 如果他赢了 那是实至名归
It's a great honor to be able to go to the Olympics and represent a country and all that.
I have to win. I'd be way too disappointed chasing this for 12 fucking years.
我必须赢 我追求这个梦想12年了 不赢我会很失望的